Hootsuite Hootsuite I hear you cry
- Are serious about their social media marketing
- Who have multiple social media accounts (for example LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & Google+), and
- Who want to save time.
Hootsuite doing your social media for you..?
- Hootsuite is a great time saver, and being able to schedule your updates, posts and Tweets is a feature I find very useful.
- As well as supporting LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+, Hootsuite also supports Foursquare, MySpace, Wordpress, Mixi (Japanese Social Network with over 30 million users) PLUS there are Apps you can use for other social media networks including YouTube.
- The free version of Hootsuite is great if you only have 5 social media accounts to manage.
- Using the RSS feature to post information from well chosen websites creates the impression of you being regularly active.
- Larger organisations can set up 'Teams' within Hootsuite that can manage social media marketing
- Hootsuite can provide you with useful Analytics data, enabling you to measure the success of your social media marketing.
- Hootsuite provides a free extension for the Google Chrome browser and Firefox browser
The Hootsuite Hootlet is a great browser extension provided free of charge by Hootsuite (Hootsuite Hootsuite!) that when installed, adds a Hootsuite icon to your browser which when clicked on enables you to share the page you are on either instantly or at a scheduled time. This video explains more about the Hootsuite Hootlet:
- If you have more than five social media accounts you need to manage, you'll need to subscribe to Hootsuite Pro (although a 30 day free trial of Hootsuite Pro is available) which currently (2013) costs $9.99 (approximately £6.50) per month.
- Using RSS feeds lacks personality and quickly makes it apparent to readers that you're 'cheating' & that the posts are automated. Also, it leaves you open to looking foolish when clients see you and start making conversation about an update 'you' posted, that you know nothing about!